The Neuengamme Concentration Camp Memorial is located on the historic site of the former Neuengamme concentration camp in the Bergedorf borough of Hamburg. As of 2005, the Memorial encompasses the entire historic site of the camp, with information panels spread out over the grounds and five permanent exhibitions in several languages.
These exhibitions are housed in original buildings from the concentration camp, which were partially restored to their original state from 1945 after the prison institutions closed. The exhibition "Prison and Memorial: Documentation of a Contradiction" can be found on part of a wall from the last prison building to be demolished. The House of Remembrance and the International Monument are also part of the educational site.