On the Darß peninsula west of Stralsund, the SS operated a satellite camp of Neuengamme concentration camp for a few weeks in early 1941. 50 men were forced to cut reeds here, a very difficult task made worse by the fact that they had to stand in ice-cold water to work. With the exception of the "camp elder" (Lagerältester) and the cook, these prisoners were all Jehovah's Witnesses. The prisoners, who were housed in a hall at an inn, were transported back to Neuengamme main camp in February 1941. The prisoners were guarded by SS-Oberscharführer Ewald Jauch, who was commander of the Bullenhuser Damm satellite camp in 1945.
January 1941 to late February 1941
50 Male Prisoners
Location: Kreisstraße 25, 18374 Zingst on the Darß peninsula, Germany (5 km east of the Baltic resort of Prerow)