On 25 August 1944, the SS established another satellite camp of Neuengamme concentration camp in Bremen. Around 1,000 male prisoners were deployed to Bremen to work in the Borgward factory. Like many slave labourers in the factory, they had to manufacture motor vehicles. In total, slave labourers and concentration camp prisoners represented more than 40 per cent of the 8,000 workers at the plant.
The satellite camp existed for almost 2 months. On 12 October 1944, the SS cleared the camp. One group of prisoners was transported back to Neuengamme main camp, while another group was transferred to the Lerbeck satellite camp in Porta Westfalica.
It is not known who commanded or guarded the satellite camp.
25 August 1944 to 12 October 1944
1000 Male Prisoners
Construction of motor vehicles
The site of the former satellite camp at the Borgward factory is now on the grounds of Daimler-Benz AG in Sebaldsbrück. Take Bundesautobahn A 1 (motorway) to the Bremen-Hemelingen exit, follow the slip road in the direction of the city centre to Pfalzburger Straße, then Föhrenstraße. The location of the former camp on Föhrenstraße is not marked.