cialis soft 20 mg
china viagra
best deal on cialis
sell generic viagra without prescription
liquid viagra
generic version of viagra
best place to buy viagra us
brand cialis
cialis discussion board
cialis for women
DeutschEnglishFrançais

HomeNewsHistoryNeuengamme concentration campThe site after 1945The memorialSatellite camps and memorialsSlave labour in HamburgExhibitionsBranchesEventsEducationArchives and libraryResearch projectsMediaNewsletters and informationContact and locationVoluntary workSatellite camps and memorialsOther linksSearch

hamburg.de

Braunschweig (Büssing-NAG)

Büssing-NAG Vereinigte Nutzkraftwagen AG, a company based in Braunschweig, played an important role in armaments production. In 1944, the company requested prisoners from Neuengamme concentration camp in order to manufacture lorries for the Wehrmacht. Five huts were set up for a satellite camp on Wörthstraße (now Schillstraße) near the main factory. The company also erected another satellite camp in Vechelde for production outside of the city.

From 17 August 1944 to 26 March 1945, more than 800 concentration camp prisoners had to produce replacement parts for lorries for Büssing-NAG in Braunschweig. Most of the prisoners were Polish Jews from the Lodz ghetto who had been deported to Auschwitz and then selected for work commandos in Braunschweig by representatives of Büssing-NAG. A building crew of 126 prisoners, most of them French, had arrived earlier from Neuengamme main camp. The death rate in the camp was extraordinarily high: by the end of 1944, around 300 prisoners had died of starvation, disease and maltreatment. The death rate fell after a large number of prisoners "unfit for work" were transferred to the sick-bay of the Salzgitter-Watenstedt/Leinde satellite camp at the start of 1945. Nonetheless, by 20 March 1945, the undertakers "Pietät" had delivered another 80 corpses to the municipal crematorium in Braunschweig.

At the end of March 1945, the SS cleared the satellite camp. The prisoners first had to march to the Salzgitter-Watenstedt/Leinde satellite camp. On 7 April, they were taken away by train with other prisoners from this satellite camp. After travelling for several days, these transports arrived at Ravensbrück concentration camp on 14 April. When Ravensbrück was evacuated at the end of April, the men were forced to march further on foot. A large number of them were taken on another transport to the Wöbbelin "reception camp", where the survivors were liberated by American troops on 2 May.

By October 1944 at the latest, the commander of the Büssing-NAG satellite camp was SS-Hauptscharführer Max Kierstein.

Period 

17 August 1944 to April 1945

Number of prisoners

1800 men

Kind of work 

Production of replacement parts for lorries

Slave labour on behalf of

Büssing-NAG

Braunschweig (Büssing-NAG)

Aeriel photograph of the camp

Freebook Ebook downloaden