- Neuengamme concentration camp and its satellite camps
- Development of the memorial to the present day
- Educational work at the Neuengamme Concentration Camp Memorial
- Information on the buildings and grounds
- National Socialism, with reference to regional history
- History of the concentration camps
- Persecution and extermination
- Places of commemoration
- Memorial and commemoration policy
- Museum work at memorials to the victims of National Socialist crimes
The Open Archive has a selection of copies from the memorial's extensive film and audio archive. The collection includes films related to Neuengamme and edited interviews with witnesses. These films can be viewed in the Open Archive in German, English, French, Danish, Russian and Polish on either VHS or DVD.
Opening times are the same as for the exhibitions. The Open Archive is located near the exhibition "The Camp SS" in the former SS garages.